Thursday, December 9, 2010

Why do I have a Suburban?

I don't often post photos of myself - I guess I never learned how to smile/ham-it-up for the camera.  Our store is open 6 days a week, closed only on Sundays and holidays.  That leaves us one day a week for R&R.  Two different Sundays we drove up towards Ruth Lake for firewood.  That's where our monster-hog comes in handy - carry that load home so we can stay warm in the winter! When not carting wood around, we use this vehicle for kayaking.  Kayaks don't fit very well on either the Saturn or the Prius, so we keep the hog.  I also used this car while working for the Census - it got me out of town and out in the sticks.  I got pretty good at some of those dirt roads ... and the even worse dirt roads that turn off the main dirt roads. Potholes, ruts and lots and lots of dust. And a lot of fun. So why do I have a Suburban? Because it comes in handy.

No comments: